Ackerson & Yann’s Trademark and Copyright Practice provides comprehensive services in all aspects of trademark and copyright management. Our clients include retailers, publishers, manufacturers, and those working in the visual arts as well as the entertainment industry.
The attorneys of Ackerson & Yann work with clients to develop and screen distinctive trademarks and domain names to maximize brand recognition. We also register copyright claims and assist clients in identifying proprietary information subject to copyright protection. We aggressively litigate to protect and defend our clients’ trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other proprietary assets in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies such as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Much of our practice focuses on assisting our clients to identify and take full advantage of the value of their trademarks, copyrights and other intangible properties. We help implement strategic plans to increase brand awareness, as well as more traditional programs to protect their trademarks, trade secrets and other IP assets. Among these have been confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and various licensing arrangements. The growth of e-commerce has resulted in new opportunities for many clients, as well as new challenges involving trademark, copyright and domain name disputes. We work with our clients to address the challenges presented by digital technology and the Internet.
Ackerson & Yann’s Trademark and Copyright Practice includes, among other things:
• Registering trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Screening and clearing proposed trademarks and brand names
• Providing maintenance for clients’ registered trademarks
• Handling cancellation and opposition proceedings before the TTAB
• Registering and enforcing copyrights
• Investigating and litigating unfair competition, copyright and trademark infringement claims as well as trade dress infringement and dilution claims
• Counseling clients on proper trademark usage, copyright, fair use and related issues
• Negotiating and drafting publishing, distribution, and subsidiary right contracts and licenses as well as e-commerce agreements
• Drafting website terms of usage and privacy policies