Whether you are an entrepreneur with an exciting new business idea, or an owner or manager of a multi-million dollar firm, the business and commercial law attorneys of Ackerson & Yann have the experience and legal knowledge required to help your organization grow and succeed.
We provide businesses of all sizes with comprehensive legal services, from start up and financing to succession planning.
Our clients include national retailers, mortgage companies, banks, local and regional manufacturers, real estate developers, medical clinics, construction firms, general contractors, automobile dealerships, insurance companies, restaurants and many other types of businesses. We perform all the functions of an in-house counsel for small to mid-sized firms, from facilitating business transactions to reviewing human resources policies and manuals to advising on the tax consequences of strategic business decisions.
Clients appreciate our attention to detail, aggressive pursuit of their best interests, and the depth of practical knowledge our firm provides. Our attorneys include a former IRS agent, a certified public accountant, an administrative law judge, and attorneys with advanced degrees in business administration and tax law. When necessary, we take a team approach, drawing on the diverse skills of our legal team, to address your legal issue effectively.
Ackerson & Yann provide legal services in the following areas of commercial law:
• Choice of entity - corporation, partnership, limited liability company (LLC), limited partnership, disregarded entities, sole proprietorship
• Buy-sell agreements
• Contracts and commercial transactions
• Corporate, shareholder, and partnership disputes
• Covenants not to compete
• Joint ventures/strategic alliances
• Lines of credit, bank loans and equity offerings
• Business mergers
• Acquisitions - stock and asset
• Employment issues - non-compete, executive compensation, severance, and consulting agreements
• Intellectual property
• Succession planning for closely-held businesses
• Tax planning
• Litigation and dispute resolution
Please contact a business and commercial lawyer at Ackerson & Yann to discuss your firm's legal needs in any area of commercial law,