Amy D. Cubbage
Amy D. Cubbage is a member of Ackerson & Yann practicing litigation in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation, real estate litigation, construction litigation, employment law, and internet and technology issues, including internet defamation issues. She also counsels clients with respect to energy and environmental matters, including cases involving CERCLA, RCRA, OSHA, and related state regulatory programs.
Ms. Cubbage also litigates and counsels clients in the area of general constitutional and governmental law, with an emphasis on First Amendment, campaign finance, elections, and other constitutional issues, including the commerce clause, public contracts, governmental ethics, and eminent domain.
Within the area of government relations, Ms. Cubbage primarily counsels clients on campaign finance compliance, including formation and administration of political action committees. She lobbies state and local governments on behalf of her clients and advises clients on compliance with lobbying and other ethics restrictions. She also assists clients in preparing and analyzing legislative proposals.
Ms. Cubbage is a frequent speaker on law and technology issues as well as attorney ethics issues.
- Complex Commercial and Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Government Relations
- Internet & Media Law
- Internet Defamation
- Attorney Ethics
- Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. ( Summa Cum Laude) – 1997
- Georgetown College, Georgetown, Kentucky
- B.A. ( Summa Cum Laude) - 1994
Ackerson & Yann, PLLC is a regional law firm located in Louisville, Kentucky. We represent clients throughout the State of Kentucky, the Southeast and the Midwest.
- Kentucky Bar Association, Board of Governors, 4th Supreme Court District, 2013 - Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Committee on Diversity in the Profession, 2013- Present
- Kentucky Bar Association Attorney Advertising Commission, 2005-2011 (Chair, 2009 – 2011)
- Kentucky Democratic Party, Special Campaign Finance Counsel, 2007 - 2011
- American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky Board of Directors, 2007 - 2012
- American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky Litigation Review Committee, 2007 - Present
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association